Saturday, January 13, 2007

petulance goes unanswered

hard to believe time is a-chuggin' on as quickly as it has been. JAWHOL!! Yeah, well, saturday night. Another day plasterized in front of the computer, I am doing an art test for the NYC job. Phone interview was yesterday, and it went well (hence the art test). My spirits've been a little sluggish to get all wrapped up in it, but i am, as i said, "chuggin' along..." Easy stuff, more of the sae I've been doing, though perhaps a little knee-urdier. Actually this job is looking prety good, and of all the prospects i have going on right now (.....) it's one of the best for my career, in some ways. I am sad, still, thinking about the prospect of leaving LA - for ANY reason.. hopefully some other shit will get moving next week. As I always say, "we shall see," friends...

going to tokio tonight as it is Mrs. Brad Lee's birthday celebration-skaganza.. or whatever ya wanna call it. It's been awhile since I have hauled ass out to the Cahuenga Corridor on a Saturday night, leastways so much as I have any real memory of such a thing, and I will also admit I sure do not feel like going out and getting, as the young'uns say, all fuxxorezed up, but I guess i can pound back a beer and a vodka and something or other, or two. Though my constitution is not terribly drinkin' friendly right now, I think it'll be a good shot of enthusiasm into my otherwise dull doldromy demeanor of late. Lighten up, bro.

LA is cold, ma. Ca ca ca COLD. Not like horribly freezing, hell not even bad.. if anything, it is feeling somewhat appropriate for the time of year which it is - but HEY now. I have been blasting the heater night and day to keep warm, glad that thing is there!! Whew.... It's definitely the coldest that I have experienced since living out here. Either way, preferable to the usual weather we get at this time of the year (days and days of relentless downpour, actually). Nah, haven't really seen much more than the odd-drop..

YAWN! Tired. these days I do not go outside much, at all. Check the mail, take the garbage barrels in/out, that's about it. the gym? Forget it. I bet my system already has.. I want to get back on the ball with that shit soon, though. hopefully next week will be a little rest, of sorts, for me, and then I can go about grinding back into some more normal of a pattern besides "wake up, plunk down in front of te PC, work till exhaustion, pass out, do again" In spite of my tone, it should be noted that i have been enjoying the work I have done lately, quite a bit - all things considered - and it's ben a nice way to pass the time. In fact if I could crank it up to more regularity/better pay then overall my outlook on everything could drastically improve (..."possbly!") That's a tall order, and a weirder wish than anything else. i think I would have to have things be a lo more stable in such departments, and a little beter feedback overall - but at least i have proven to myself that I can successfully, and happily maintain a freelance lifestyle "working from home." If something else was about to land in my lap of a similar nature, it would be hard to be adverse to it. Maybe.

Yeah, I say that, but there's something nice about having somewhere else to go, and people to be around, all of that. Feeling a little more "normal."

Okay, on that note, time to get me some dinnnnnnner. Vodka cranberry will kick my ass across to Jupiter if i don't have a little food waiting to intercept it.

BTW please pardon my EXTRA-typing atrocities, I know I am pretty bad to begin with but this new keyboard -- which is very nice, might i add -- is still taking a little time for my "flow" to get used to, and once in awhile i'll go back and read a blog or an email and cringe, more than usual. I'm trying...

No comments: