Monday, January 22, 2007

burying morphine/Natural High

wow! i forgot that the band Sister Machine Gun existed. I only ever had one of their albums.. well, two, but one was scratched/rendered unlistenable when i bought it used. and i downloaded the MP3s but forgot anyway/ also I bought their 3rd or fourth album as well, listened a couple of tims, and got bored. But "Burn" was good. See this is what happens when you have a CD player in your car, which is pretty much neglected as the technology is obsolete these days. But since my iPod is in disrepair, i was forced to dig through my CD Graveyard...

+++RANDOM THOUGHTS+++

Myspace is just no fun anymore. I can't just log in and browse thru random strangers' profiles at the drop of a hat any longer. "This profile is viewable by member's friends only, he or she must add you as a friend first..." blah blah blah. No more stalking. I used to come home drunk from the bars, back in the good old days, after hitting on real women in person I could spend the next couple of hours wearing down the remainder of my drunk energy hitting on cyberwomen. I had some good lines too, dammit. I am a better writer drunk than sober, ya know. But those days are gone, now all I can do when I come home is cry while i masturbate in front of the PC, ulimately to pass out for my girlfriend to find.. a lovely sight, indeed..

I know, my page is "private" as well, but hell I am looking for a job. When that situation changes I'll probably unhide it anyway (unless... too lazy)

I broke level 30 on Columns today. Level 32 to be exact. no one in the world would care about this, except maybe the swede who invented the damn game. Except he probably would not care either, he's probably too high off his goddaned royalties. Screw you Sega. i want royalties too dammit. I must have put like 45 minutes into that session. Someday my gameboy battery will wither up an die and I will have to get back to reading things... sigh..

Good show at the local comedy club tomorrow night. Some of my favorite stand-ups.. i'd love to go. Five dollar! Plus about the same number of minutes ot walk there from my apartment. Sold out, but some tix are available atthe door... hmm.

i remember partying in college. so different from the drunk i would eventually become. I would nurse several beers (10?) all night, they'd get me very mellow but pretty happy.. and i was still particularly shy. a far cry from my Hollywood Alter Ego.. "Take No Prisoners" they call me (not really). I miss that guy, he's been dead and buried in the ground/frozen in the Tundra for ages now. I wonder what he's up to.. not even needling around in my subconciousness. What's a good mutliple personality disorder without some way to express itself? This is what i get for being somewhat responsible, or organized. I'll blame it on being Jewish, there's a limit to how fucked up we can get (that's not true, there's comedy gold to be mined in that joke right there.. save that for another time, though). Yeah, everyone's got their particular flavor of fucked-up, is all i gotta say...

i still have a horrible addiciton to wikipedia. Everytime I see that word written out it registers in my head as "wicked pedophile" - no, that's a far different website. Could be a good old-school punk song though... anyway my HD is loaded with half-read wiki bookmarks. I am infinitely interested in he oodlesof endless odds n ends in this world, so we're a natural fit.. I should maybe take some speedreading course so I can process it faster (no good, my ADD would clash with it off the bat) Maybe I could drink more decaf tea and less Coke for starters, either waay the fact/problem remains i am an info junkie for everything between the history of Ferrari to Civil War memoribilia and how much Pro NFL players made in 1964. Why this is, I am not sure, the brain is a large, unfathomable place...

sometimes I look on other people's blogs and i see the BS they write and they'll have lik 484 friends (plus a couple placeholders ahead of that) and "who gives kudos" is usually quite a long list (remember when they used to be called "props" for 15 minutes?), followed by all the actual comments. "You go girl!" "I hear you sister!! We still love you!!" "Yur so hottt n sxxxxyYYY" and etc etc. I notice the disparity on my blog, where's MY PAGES OF PROPS? Oh gah wait I am not a drunk teenybopper with pigtail who everyone wants to bang, i am a stifled psuedo-intellectual retard with long swervy and meandering sentances pretty much whining and bitching about metaphysical non-problems from a Future wich May Not Happen Anyway (see what I mean?) Once the Time Travel issues with blogging have been neutralized, then the Mexicans in the Real Future AB Earth-2 will bombard all of my websites and fill up my guestbooks with quotations, notes of peace and love, letters of agreement and perfunctory marriage proposals, so it's only a matter of time and I don't mind - I'll enjoy the peace and quiet while it lasts.

I take it back, though, i forget I AM a drunken teenybopper who everyone wants to bang, I haven't got pigtails though. Maybe it's 'cause of the smelly ass and sweaty palms (so many of my problems in the greater avenues of my life become suddenly, glaringly apparent)

I just wrote a nice paragraph about infections, boils and cancer, and subsequent imagines home-remedies for treating such things (hogwash, BTW) but then I promptly deleted that as it was starting to make me feel a little upset with myself. I need a drink. A backrub would be nice too. Fuck, a Hot Tub.

I hate Flash-created Advertisements on the web. Nothing is more irritating than when you are trying to read something and then this bullshit is looping on the side of the screen, some ad for a new movie with cars crashing and rain falling and thunderbolts and shit. Here's a tip, it doesn't work every time but often enough.. if that stuff is making you insane, right click over the ad. If it's Flash, sometimes it will give you the option to Rewind or something.. set that, and it'll revert to the first frame and maybe even stay there, frozen.. sometimes just a black display or something. Whewwwwwww...

No comments: