Monday, January 15, 2007

lemur rollovers

sunday night/monday morning, and guess what.. yep, another weekend of work, work, work. that's my new name. Work W. Work. But it is cool. Good to be busy. good output is coming out of me as well - mind you, switching gears is always a pain in the ass, even when i am going between relatively similar types of work - trying to change up a style/tech/purpose can be a little tricky. but hey, versatility is the name of this job, right? As usual, I am working under the gun - have to get high-quality churned out in minimal amount of time, which can be a bitch (today i had lots of tech problms with my PC - it --needs-- a serious reformatting, and that is much easier sad than done.. like, a couple of days, in my usual case) - so i lost a bit of time trying to keep mymachine from blowing up all over the place. But like I said, my work is coming along relativly well, I keep matching it up to the reference material, and it's looking nice beside it. Pulling off nice lighting (using a method sort of alien to me) will be the true pain-in-the-ass part of this process, I believe. Cross tht bridge when i come to it.

Last night was interesting, I went out to meet some friends for a little birthday get-together. that was fun, i haven't gone out in what amounts to a little while. The evening did start getting a little pricey, and so I had to cut out early. I regretted being a lame-o and leaving, but in my current lifestyle I can not afford to be a partier anymore, that's for sure. besides, I'd had enough fun for one night, drank a little, danced a little, feeling a little better in health.. Had some nice conversation, etc. I stopped by Tommy's to get a burger to soak up my booze and wipe out my buzz (it was getting close to the edge, meaning - I would have stayed out and partied all night!) But a hamburger and brisk walk home kept me grounded. Some dudes hit on me as I innocently ate my Tommyburger, that seems to be happening to me a bit lately (being hit on by dudes, as opposed to chicks - not to imply that the ladies hit on me particularly very much). A lot of guys would usually have an aggressive reaction to such a thing, I guess, but it always strikes me as kinda funny.. but more than that, I am a guy and being a guy, I know what urges men are possessed of - so I will try to keep my cool and give a "leave me alone" without being an asshole vibe, surprisingly that will work.. amazing eh?? Especially if it's someone with an advantage over you (they have a car, or there's more of them than you, etc) - you DON'T wanna be messing with people at crazy hours when they may be out of their minds on whatever substances - whatever their sexual proclivities may be. Anyway, that was that - i walked home, took a shower (to wash the FILTH OF THE CITY OFF OF ME), worked for a couple of hours, and then passed out, safe and sound in my bed...

Today, as I was saying, was just working.. I did do something pretty stupid though. I like to think that like most people of my age, I know a thing or two about.. the world, I mean I can make a sandwich, built a fighter jet in Maya, win a game of Altered Beast on Sega Genesis with my feet -- but apparently little else. I pikced up some pizza for dinner, and it was rather cold by the time I managed to get the thing home, so i fired the ol' oven up to 400 degrees and slid in the pizza. This may be a surprise, but honestly, i have NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE. If the pizza is cold I will zap it in the micro, but for some reason the non-rubberiness of oven-baked heating sounded more apprealing on this particularly chilly, and hungry, evening. So yeah, slid the pizza in, but in my infinite ignorance I stuck the whole cardboard box in there. Yup, you can guess what happened next - ten minutes had barely passed (even that long?) and I smelled some bad burning stench coming from the oven, "uh oh, that cannot be goooood.." And of course, natch, i opened the oven to see what's up and was greeted by a huge noxious black smoke cloud which proceeded to fill my kitchen, as the pizza box started BURSTING INTO FLAMES. Awesome. Cough, cough, luckily my girlfriend isn't half the panicky moron I am and she managed to get the fire put out inside of about a half-minute (the thing wasn't like.. BIG, but the smoke was getting thick and I didn't want to be inhaling much of that shit - especially as things were burning in front of me). Anyway, she got it to mellow out, the things was still kindling so i got the whole box (pizza and all) outside onto the cement driveway and doused it generously with water. Then I went and ordered another pizza, which actually got eaten instead of burned. So yeah, even at 32 years of age, we do stupid-ass clueless things sometimes. It's a good thing I am not an astronaut. The irony is that I took the little plastic "Y" out of the box before sliding it into the oven "so it would not melt into the pizza and get eaten." Whatever, crisis averted, pride is swallowed, some money wasted, no Anal Rape from Drunk Gay Men, and life goes on. C'est la Vie.

No comments: