Sunday, January 28, 2007

love you short time

i dreamt that i was living in a place very much like my apartment, but it was in a dorm and shared with my parents (though i did have my own door to the outside, near my bed). I didn't want to move because my place was really nice, but was tired of my folks being there and seeing the mischief I would get into firsthand. Also, they were very particular about using cellphones/any kinds of phones and would always need to use mine.

I was looking at a map and California (not all of USA) was near the north pole, while China was slightly smaller than Los Angeles and just between Cali and it's other border, Africa.

My folks and I were driving around an old neighborhood that we'd lived in Framingham where a Staples had recently been built (in real-life, where the Bennigan's in Framingham is.. I think a Caldor used to be there, too) and there was a parking lot for all these very brightly neon-lit old buses, like if they were very old circus-styled or something.. or like the Rio in Vegas -- we made fun of the people who must drive them for a living, and then I remembered that th circus used to sometimes camp in that area (in my dream, not real life) and my folks had, for a tim, had to live and work there during harder times... in a very small "shanty." They were ashamed of this and loathe to admit it, and my brother had been so young that I knew he'd not remember it.

We stopped at a little roadside lodge, with a very overweight/close-cropped hair woman working behind the counter, my parents had returned my (very) old phone to the state or store I used to live in (called May, or Reebok, or maybe.. both). Since my phone was gone, we needed tp borrow the receptionist's non-mechanical phone, which was actually a large green patio umbrella, you'd get reception by running around in a windy yard or lot while whipping up the airflow and catching a breeze with the thing. My mom had to call her friend Diane, so I ran around with this thing and coasted all over the parking lot, trying not to lose my grip from the wooden pole - I'd catch gusts of wind while running around, and get lifted like 50-100 feet into the air, as my mom's confused friend's voice eminated from the center of the umbrella and complained that the reception was poor. We returned the umbrella to the very stingy receptionist, my mom bought some cigarettes, and I looked for a bathroom as I noticed that several doctors and nurses in white coats where wisking back and forth thru the lobby (there was a hospital next door, but all of their bathrooms and their pizza parlor were in this crappy hotel's lobby). I saw Ron Jeremy taking out money from an ATM, he ordered me to sit down on a bean bag chair, and then I woke up.

Oh well, at least it wasn't a dream about work. Speaking of which, i gotta go.

No comments: