Sunday, February 04, 2007

so we were waiting in the queue for our new HDTV

sunday AM. woke up sweating, my constant headache came back to me pretty quickly (damn it, i will drown it in advil today). the last couple days have been what one would call a consistent pain in the butt, my PC finally murdered itself (proving my neurotic prophesizing to be true!) and it took me a good couple of days to get the whole thing reformatted and back up to spec. Yes, an obnoxious inconvenience, but at least i know how to do it without having to drag it on down to the shop on Pico and letting them have it for a few days while i sit home and wait anxiously. (or worse, shelling out for a new machine altogether.. $$ $ $ $ $ $$$$) Believe me, the notion of throwing the entire setup out of the window of a moving car is becoming more and more appealing by now.

I am way overdue on my newest art test as a result, but what can you do, I'll just have to keep churning it out as fast as possible (working on trees and landscaping right now). I wake up in the morning thinking of details of rusty metal worn away where screws have been bolted in. i notice rusty hinges a lot more now (i'm looking at YOU, bathroom mirror)

LA is getting nicer, finally - the weather is not quite so cold and it's sunny and inviting outside. Pretty much, heaven... sent to tease my soul beyond the windowsill, well it is gonna have to wait a little while longer. The sunshine sneaks in my room through the cracks in the blinds and tempts me.

Not much else to say! I have been exhausted the past couple of days, taking lots of random naps - my body doesn't care anymore, it just needs to make up "that sleep debt" I guess. May bought a scale and I weighed myself, surprisingly I was several pounds lighter than I expected (a good ting, or a bad thing?) Edwin brought me a hug steak and cheese sandwich, and May got me a yummy cake which is almost gone (from a guy who doesn't like cake to say it is "yummy," you have the idea that it was pretty good). Thanks guys!!!! Meanwhile, i notice my hair is seriously graying at the temples..

I am a little weird right now, I feel like I have been a pretty morose codgery character lately - i'm pretty far into it that I was shocked by the notion that there was a time when i was a pretty goofy, carefree individual, with a halfway decent wit. Perhaps he will emerge at some point again, eh...? Alright now where's the advil.

No comments: