Monday, February 05, 2007

i'm tired of...

hearing terms like "weak sauce." Really tired of it. "Weak" is bad enough, though properly descriptive, so I never really felt particularly irritated by it. But adding "-sauce" to the end just makes it sound like "yeah I am cool when I talk like this." Also I hated when I moved here and people would occasionally say "hella", derivative of "hell of a lot" - like "that girl's hella cool". Man you don't hear it anymore, and I am happy about it, but for awhile you couldn't tool around in socal without hearing it burn your ears in some pool hall or bar. Just as lame, or worse, was the "kindersized" version, "hecka." Please. can I PLEASE be deaf now. I say that, knowing every morning I wake up with more earwax buildup mounting in my right canal, making it actually increasingly difficult to hear. If anyone has some home remedies, please send me some information.

An absolutely beautiful day in Los Angeles today. Perfect, perfect, perfect. Were I not trapped indoors, i would have spent the majority of the day walking through the city, or the park.. the weather was just phenomenally as wonderful as anyone could ever ask for. Sunshine, warm, happy feelin'.. even as I drove to get some lunch, in my usual bitchy mood, I couldn't help but feel enlightened by the beauteousness of the day around me. Sure, i just destroyed sentence structure with that last one, but for a valiant enough reason, so help me...

Still art testing, the nightmare of reformatting my PC behind me. it's still a little funky-seeming, as in "slow to boot up" a bit - more than I'd prefer - but largely more reliable-seeming than before the crash, and generally functional, so la-de-da. Talked to someone about a job today, wih looks like it might well be a lock. Not sure if it's a good one, or any kind of long-term (might be a brief two-weeker) but it's something, we'll see. got a couple leads today actually, still nothing huge to rejoice over. Progress is always nice though.

Check out this website, here's the link for the NYC job I am going for. Once in awhile as my spirits diminish, I'll look through it and feel kind of invigorated, it looks like it'd be a good piece to attach my name too, likewise a fun project to be a part of. the possibility of moving to NYC is still daunting, however.. though this opportunity makes it hard to shy away from such a gamble. Have a look at their screenshots (scroll down for better ones) and know what i am talking about - it's a good time to be involved with games like this.

http://www.frontlineswar.com/

damn, with that, back to work... a long restless night ahead, i need a break!! Soon, soon...

No comments: