Monday, March 05, 2007

urinal cake dessert

i just ate some baklavah. it hurts my mouth a little to eat, but so very tasty.

i just shat and played columns on gameboy. as i get older i notice that the smell of my shit gets profoundly more potent (disgusting potent), lingers longer. This is what happens with age, I guess.

I have a great little "work nook" (so gay to say that) in my apartment, with a window right beside me - which i love. what i DON'T love is when one of my neighbors leaves her apartment building beside me and sits on the ledge and smokes, if my window is open then all her gnarly gross smokey fumes drift into my face. screw that and screw nicotine. why can't everyone else in the world be like me and have no vices?

i slept pretty badly last night - horrible, upsetting dreams. anxiety - yeah, i know. i woke up with a headache. i am convinced my girlfriend is a vampire, on the other hand, since she stays up all night long and sleeps all day!!! i am going to start holding crosses up to her and see if her eyes turn green. why weren't vampires ever afraid of Stars of David? Do the Jews hold no sway over vampires? Well, i guess we can at least try to make them feel bad.

Waiting to see what happens with jobs. Burbank pulled out of the race - I could talk my way back into it, but it wouldn't increase the asking price any. Supposedly I will hear back from NYC in the next couple of days - it is complicated as all those dudes are at an industry convention in San Francisco right now, but hey - it is always somethin'.

I am still anxious and upset about the prospect of moving, but excited as well. I am just looking forward for this process to finish so i can get on with my freakin' life!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

My friend matt came by yesterday to screen a documentary he shot (well, he and his buddy scott made the thing). It's been in production for a few years now (four or five), spent a lot of time sitting on a shelf as he couldn't get anyone to properly edit it - at last he learned video editing and did the damn thing himself. It came out great, I am very impressed (especially for a two-man effort - 3 if you count the subject). It's not finished but damn near there. We watched the film then discussed it a bit afterwards, it was a fun time. I'd like to do more stuff like that in the future -- why don't i?

i used to watch a lot of indie cinema. there's a lot of things i "used to do" which were fun but i don't, anymore. i am getting old and lazy, or just codgery. or just... really busy.

the past few days have been a huge SLOWDOWN from the pace my life had been going at lately. it's been nonstop workaholic madness for this reason or that, with the general pressure of the ongoing job search fueling it all and really filling in the cracks. Right now, especially as things are sort of out of my hands, it feels kind of stalled.. which is weird for me. I "have the time and the state of mind" to do all the down-time things i've been wanting to (if not necessarily too much $$, but it's cool) and I am trying to get a little settled. I went to the valley to meet a friend for lunch, but otherwise I've been hunched over the PC all day, reading industry news and opinions/etc. All very relevant to what's going on in my life right now, so not just "dicking around" - still I feel like my time would be better spent outside (hey, it's gorgeous outside!) shooting photos or just getting some exercise or something. I feel like i've slunk into this self-imposed "prisoner mentality" in a way, like it just makes sense to sit on my ass and let time waft by. i don't like it - i spend enough times being forced to be indoors, really, for various reasons (work, work, work). I need something to kik me ass and put me in motion. I think I would feel better and my mood would lighten up.

Maybe tomorrow.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

crazy hollywood story - not really, even - but it's good to dip into the well once in awhile. Friday night my girlfriend and I went out with some friends to go dancing. A rare thing (usually it's just me ad my drinking buddy), but I was happy to head into town. Downed a couple drinks - tried keeping it light, I usually down a HUGE shot of jagermeister before going out since it's insurance the night will be cheap, but often leads to me blacking out (thus negating the point of experiencing, well, ANYthing...) I had a small shot but chance would have it that the drinks I followed it with turned out to be unusually strong. No big deal, whatever, though they did make me kinda sick when the night ended. Noteworthy only 'cause I NEVER get sick, only twice since living in LA if memory serves - from drinking, I mean. Whatever, it wasn't a huge mess or anything, haha. Anyway, the point of the story is that we were in the club probably about an hour and a half, and then I got kicked out? WTF kinda bullshit is that? Now I like ot party, but I am not te most raucous individual.. I know how to behave. New club, just opened, they were filming some reality series there that night "The Bar" or some crap - a midget dressed as Superman and a Transvestite at the door, you know. Here's what happened, the dance floor had an elevated platform (maybe a foot or two higher) lining the wall, just for people to stand on - it had a railing to separate from the dance floor. My girlfriend was on the platform, I went to say hey and as the place was kinda mobbed, I decided to go in-between the bars rather than around to the ramp, who cares right? Well, they didn't like that and threw me out of the place. (Yuck she is smoking outside my window again, smells fucking disgusting.. argh!) What isn't this Hollywood last time I checked? Anyway no warning, no sign, just get the hell out right now thank you very much. That sucked! The night wasn't bad up till that point. I wasn't being belligerent or an ass or anything.. they also threw my friend's girlfriend-but-non-girlfriend-don't-know-how-to-define out for the same reason. Anyway that was a downer. Readers, don't go to "The Facade" on Hollywood and Ivar.
------------------------------------------------

getting late. darker outside. sun going down. feel antsy. want to go for walk. will. also... one of my favorite hangouts in town has closed. lava lounge on la brea and sunset. used to be one of my usual hangouts, 'specially back in the day. I haven't been there much inthe past few years, but nice to pop in now and again. Sad to see it go. i whipped it out there once. Memories....

No comments: