Monday, September 01, 2008

dave sprouts

and so, another labor day weekend fades away, gore gore gloriously into nonexistence as from whence it crept. And me, being myself, spent it like i have so many other labor days, in the throes of actual labor, toiling away in the mines, for reasons not good enough to list anywhere, but such is what i do, and so it is, and that is then good, and so on, and so forth.

it is crawling up to midnight soon, and i am a little beat - i am still at the office, my editor has jsut crashed again, so i will load it up once more and finagle with my scene just a little longer before saving the business and packing it in to head home for some precious (although brief) hours of shuteye - before hauling ass back to the freeway once again for another day of the battling what i called THIS EVERLOVING LIFE, PRAISE Th" LORD. AND HE SNAPPED HIS FINGERS AND MY COMPUTER CRASHED, AND IT WAS GOOD. AND THE ANGELS SANG AND THE DRUNKS VOMITED ON THEIR GIRLFRIENDS AND HE WAS PLEASED. AND THE DEVILS DANCED AND THE TEXTURE ARTISTS CRIED INTO THEIR TOILETS AND SHRUBS AND THE LORD OUR GOD ALMIGHTY LAUGHED HEARTILY AND BELCHED HORRIFICALLY AND UNDID ALL THAT HE HAD PREVIOUSLY DONE AND MY CAR TURNED INTO A SLINGSHOT AND FLUNG ME UNTO A GIANT FIERCY CHASM (for real) FROM WHICH I'D NEVER RETURN, AND IT WAS.. GREAT. The end.

Meanwhile, religious prepostering aside, I notice the news in the world is all crazy lately. I think the yahooligans who staff yahoo news are on some kind of wonderfully interesting drugs, because in the past few hours I have read about Republican National Convention Riots and men trying to cut their arms off in Denny's'es and a whole bunch of other craziness. And how about the new broiling political scandaliciousness, I can't wait to chew on that for a little while. But then, I wanna wrap up and go home, so - it will have to wait.

No comments: