Tuesday, January 01, 2008

cut scene

3::49am, just arrived back at my parent's house in the 'ham. Not a terribly cold new year's (as some have been in the past), and certainly quite a mellow one (well... for the most part - but definitely compared to some wild ones in the past, as far as puking out of speeding cars and kissing random drunken chicks in the streets and all of that goes). Ah, youth.

We went to Jon n Adam's place, Adam and his girlfriend were way too kind to us and cooked up a helluva meal. Some of the tastiest food I have had in awhile (yeah, my Mom cooked us quite a nice dinner the other night as well). It was a small get together, but good to see some faces whom I have not been in contact with in quite a long time. Of course before long we pulled out Rock Band (yeah I know it is getting cliche) and belted out for awhile, whew I get a sore throat after some sessions of that. It's all good fun though.

And now we're home, and it's shortly past midnight back in LA. I am sure all my friends back there are livin' it up wild-style, though we were rather sober this particular New Year's. (yeah, me, the partier, staying dry on one of the biggest get-tanked nights of the whole year... hahaha). That's fine.. when I am home with my old gang, I'd prefer to keep it from getting nuts so i can actually remember these good times, rather than know it happened but lose all the details - as so often happens when I cut loose...

Flying back to Los Angeles tomorrow evening, and I suppose back to work on the next day. Sigh. I am not ready to go back! I need another week to unwind - kick up my feet and take it easy and relax and be left the heck back! It feels weird to think of that though. it feels weird to think of what is up next - even if it is normal. This past year has flown by too quickly, it feels too strange to believe it is 2008, that 2007 has whizzed by just like that. It was a bizarre year in my life, just like most of them have been, a lot of memorable moments - some exciting ones, some quite stressful ones. Just a year I kind of wanted to put behind me in some ways, though it wasn't necessarily "a bad year." I don't know what to expect of the coming one - I try not to have hopes, or outlandish desires and dreams of what will come. I yearn for more stability, but still crave the excitement, the novelty, something to jar me. Sigh - we will see.

No comments: