Sunday, July 15, 2007

resurrected

sigh. a little typin'.

tired.. the past few days, a whole lot of running around. work is busy (as usual) and my social life has been actin' up. thursday todd w was in town, so i met he + the gang for some drinks (disregard in my previous entry where i noted that i'd be going home to chill that evening). friday night may and i went to the grove with edwin, for a little pizza, a little wine, a little whine, and some ratatouille. the movie was quite well-done actually. cute story, beautiful visuals. Saturday marvelously followed Friday, as it often does - I got up and out early to visit mr Long Lin and his Auto Mechanic shop. He got my ride all oil-changed and stuff. then i headed over to just tires where my poor car sat for several hours as i hoofed around town. i am putting tons of mileage on my vehicle these days, so i don't want to slack to badly in maintainence - i really don't want the thing to belly-up on me at this point in my life right now. Wel the thing sat in the shop i walked a block over to pink's hatdogs, rather hotdogs (but a hatdog would be an interesting thing to have, as well). I seldom go there, ever (uh.. maybe once or twice a year?) as there's always a retardedly super-extendo line reaching aorund the building. i musta waited about 45 minutes to get my dog, but that was fine, i needed to kill some time - and i had my friend bryan's book to finish reading, to keep me occupied. I finally got my quarry, i always order an Ozzy Dog at this place - they have all sorts of crazy combos - this one is a super-spicy polish dog covered with onions, nacho cheese, and guacamole. it's the biggest hot dog i have ever seen, condiments envelop my hand as i try to hold it and devour it with my gapin' maw. yeah, it's messy (even for ME, who was apparently raised in the jungle by wild animals).. and the tin is so spicy it always makes my nose get runny ad my eyes extremely teary. "So why do you eat the damned thing!" what can i say, sometimes certain experiences are enjoyable for reasons that we've not got words for, and i wouldn't have it any other way. fortunately, unlike most times, i was able to score a seat indoors so all my napkins would not blow away as i ate.

last night i met an old buddy of mine who i seldom see, since we live several miles apart - we went to Poubelle for a couple drinks (nice lil bar up the street) and then headed into Hollywood. The evening was a little lopsided, but not bad. I got home in one piece and didn't make a scene, so I am proud of myself. And today? Today was supposed to be Beach Day! But that didn't happen so I ended up having Backyard Hammock day, while I soaked in the sun and finished reading my book.

And now, well, it is sunday evening. The apartment is still quite warm, and the air outside is getting pleasantly slightly chillier. I am calm, thoughtful.. as i lay outside, I surveyed my little chunk of land. I don't usually do that, I am always freaking out neurotically about this or that or what have you, but today i just lay and looked at my apartment and my car parked in it's port, the apartment building next to me, all the little trees and plants lining the periphery. I looked towards the window in my hallway and saw the ceiling fan spinning in my room. Everything is covered with blocks of cement.. dirt lines their cracks, occasionally little clumps of grass or weeds will poke through as well. It is nice to have this spot, this quiet area, this peaceful little space to call my own. I don't OWN it, but it's close enough to feeling that way that i am satisfied. I head my coworkers going on about their stressful mortgage payments for tiny property and while I would love to own my own land someday, it feels like a perfect tradeoff for the time being, not to have to deal with such headache on top of everything else. I hope I can spend several years in this apartment, it suits my needs pretty perfectly.

There was a report in the news this week, there's a parking spot in Manhattan in NYC somewhere and the things costs like.. $250,000 to own. My god. It sounds so ludicrous. And you know what's more, if I had that kinda money I would jump on the thing right now. It's only gonna appreciate - and ten years from now who knows what it would be worth? AT the very least, you wouldn't be stuck losing any real money trying to sell it. Man.. My friend had an opportunity to buy a little shithole bldg in NYC a couple years back, I really wish he shelled out for it. SOMEONE would cough up for it sooner or later, and then he could just lie back and do something with the dough. That'd be nice.. man, I wish I had the time and inclination to invest in some real estate. I already have another industry to take up too many of my brain cells as it is.

Looking around, my apartment is in decent condition. I could be so much happier if the bathroom was cleaned, and the kitchen floor could use some love too. I wonder if I can get myself out of this chair and do something to that effect...

No comments: