Sunday, August 16, 2009

so bright

Hello there. I am up late (very very late) as I am doing laundry, and don't wanna leave it in the machine 'cause it will get all wrinkled.

So, things are alright. where do I begin? First of all, I am very very tired. it's almost 5am and I would love to be unconcious right now, I do find myself getting sleepier lately - I wonder why, I can think of a couple of reasons (for example, my body's rhythms are generally pretty warped, lately). I finished up "the Master Cleanse," I quit it early as I was starting to feel kind of gross (constant headaches, feeling more sluggish, throat was getting tight and achey). I made it 7 days I believe, I could have gone a few more days (today would have been the final day) but I had things I needed to be responsible for and so I had to duck out of it early. No matter - maybe I will try it again at some point, though I can feel some effects from it right now (like I said, my rhythms are out of whack). Most notably, my appetite has markedly diminished-

It was a strange week, I was in an office all week helping out (what I could) for that startup. It was an interesting experience - just like a waking dream, actually. "A job that wasn't," though it was nice to be sitting in an office for a few days, at this point I can say I know what else to expect. Hopefully a real job will come of it, though I have learned by now not to expect such things. I look forward to receiving some enlightening news in the next week or so, we will see what happens. Long story short, if it picks up and means I have some income again, then the sooner = the better!

Our iPhone game is nearly two weeks into it's release now, it's all slowed way down - I believe we are getting a couple of sales a day, if that. It's a bit disconcerting, though it feels good to have the app out and be working on the next one. Watching the day-to-day of the Appstore scene can be very discouraging in many ways, and the sheer volume of apps releasing is just more and more overwhelming. All that being said, I am very excited to move forward with the development of FlipSide and see how it turns out. A lot of the nuts and bolts of this new game are figured out and mid-execution on my end, so I just need to continue with the follow-through and see where it goes. I am still excited to see how this thing will perform in reality, as opposed to just conceptually in my head.

I went out last night for drinks with my friend Jake, after visiting with my other friend Justin who'd been in from out of town (he moved to Australia some months ago) - so it was a pretty packed evening. I had a really good time, if a little tiring - I feel a little bad for going out and spending a little bit of money on boozing, but honestly I haven't really got to go out and do that in what seems like an extremely long time. It was just nice to get out with another guy and not have to deal with anything, at all, except shooting the breeze and kicking back a couple of Guinesses. Can't really ask for too much more from a Friday night!

Well I should wrap up in here, laundry should be ready soon. Hopefully the week will bring good news, or at least just stay mellow (and in another weeks' time, I will be glad if I've not replaced the few pounds - 8 or so - I have shed in the past couple of weeks).

No comments: