Thursday, October 15, 2009

eat it!

Thursday night, the lady is out.. somewhere.. 11pm, I just ate some chips and drinking a budweiser (c-l-a-s-s-y all the way is what I am). Feel like typing a little so here it comes.

Listening to some tunes and, um, supposed to be doing some work - as usual there's no end of it to do. Today there was a crazy hoax in the news about a kid in a balloon floating away. It's weird, I kind of want to say it feels like a social experiment manufactured by the media or something - they just made it up to get people talking about something crazy and unusual. It wrapped up really quickly. I am not the paranoid type, but sometimes with the way the world works, it doesn't feel like it's a completely impossible thing. If not this, then something - I mean, look at Celebrity..

It's been alright lately, we are working hard on our game 180. I am anxious to start getting the word out - the teaser website has been assembled and sitting for days, and for some reason Google or GoDaddy is ignoring my requests to fix that (everything is difficult!) But for every difficult thing comes a sensible thing as well, and there's been a lot of flowing creativity and solutions and all that sort of thing as well. I feel like things are all sort of working as they should, on a lot of levels. That's not to say there's not some kinks to be worked out, with my life in general.

Been hitting the bar a bit much lately and I am not proud of that, the usual reasons make it easier and easier to have a few drinks and destroy a few brain cells. Nothing terrible but a little social awkwardness here and there. Anyway, I suppose it's good ot go a little over in that so that it pushes me to react in the other direction. Or something.

Temperature has dropped considerably, it's been much chillier lately. Which is a nice thing! It's mid-October, I am supposed to be wearing jeans. As usual I can say "what what it's already this late into the year?" That's CRAZY. It's true. The year has been one of the more profound in my life (good and bad). More good than bad I'd say.

Trying not to be too daunted by the times, there's this avalanche of technology and social metamorphosis going on lately. It's a little unnerving, and I can tell we are just getting started. It's a little hilarious how broad, sweeping changes used to be more unusual, and now they are nearly becoming seasonal. Friendster was trendy for like a year and a half, then myspace crushed it and took over for like 3 years or so, then facebook has been the big thing for the past couple - and now Twitter is new and already getting old, and Google Wave is the next new "whatever the hell" thing ready to pounce. Never mind about iPhones and forum culture, such as it is, all of that - in general. Sorry to sound soupy, but it's hard not to when going over these things, all of this crap just sort of runs into a big messy pastiche of pop tech sludge. I don't know how to put it elegantly, but I know exactly how it makes me feel. Times are interesting..

No comments: