Monday, January 19, 2009

well...

last night (sat night) went out for a friend's b-day, met up downtown... some place called "the redwood" i believe. Interesting joint, quite small and packed. I got loaded rather quickly (it had been a couple of weeks) and licked my friend andy's inner elbow. Something about excessive whiskey is making me perverted, that's good to know. I also think i kissed my friend aaron's hand. Alright, it's official, i am going homosexual at last. AT LAST. I guess i can hack it so long as I keep it to elbows and hands, i guess i could do something with toes also. I don't know all about the whole penis and butthole thing. That's not really kosher for me. Speaking of which, I FINALLY saw a guy at the gym who was wearing a yarmulke as he was working out. That's like.. two kinds of dedication at the same time. I wonder what happens when he swims? Does he wear a raincoat-material yarmulke? Can NASA get on that please? Speaking of THAT, my friend recently wondered "what happened to raincoats anyway, You never see them anymore..." Duh. We live in Soutern California. Who needs a raincoat down here?? I understand the sentiment though. Raincoats are totally one of those things that screams "developed and sold in the 1970s and 1980s," perhaps if the grunge scene lasted a little longer you would have seen a few more of those yellow beasts, maybe it's time to start wearing them out to the clubs. We'll see. The emo kids won't like it - I don't see Hot Topic picking up a line of Twilight Raincoats, but who knows. People will buy anything, no matter how ugly or weird (yup.)

Sunday night, did a lot of sitting on my ass this weekend. I had a lot of stuff I should have done - when don't I - but generally my engines are burned a little lately. Things just pile up, in life, sometimes.. I am okay though. Moody as all get-out but I get my stuff done.. I am working on it.

Mentioned the gym, I have been pretty good about going (almost) daily, it's still a new thing in my life (again) but already I do feel better for it, a little more energized.. it's not too much of a drag to go. I love the one near work, well as much as one can love a gym - that is, they have goddamned cable TVs on top of every single machine, I watched "the Right Stuff" while I was Treadmilling. Not joking. I think I watced "The Grudge 2" the other night (bad movie!) Lots of family guy and CNN. Okay it's all rotten to my brain, but the point is to keep my mind off the fact that I am running in place like an idiot. Oh what has the world become??? What?

The gym in Hollywood is much more of a letdown. A lot more of the older set, nebbishy, ya know.. OC is trim and fit and style-concious. Lots of hotter chicks, I guess.. Hollywood just has like 3 screens on the wall, no big deal (just the weekends anyway) but my iPod is one foot in the grave - as all HD iPods usually wind-up - so I can only kinda listen to music on it before it starts failing and I gotta smack the shit out of it while I am trying to run or whatever, trying not to alarm the people working out beside me. Yeah, the gym. Also, last night was awesome, and I am actually pretty ashamed to mention this in my blog, but ater I finished working out I pulled into the drive-thru of the McD's which is ATTACHED TO THE SAME BUILDING AS THE GYM (are you tired of my caps yet) and bought a damned Big Mac, and promptly engulfed it. I know, I know "what's the damned point of working out then?" but I was going to be drinking - a lot - in no short order so I wanted a big greasery burger down there to lie in wait and soak up some of the whiskey, you know? It's bad enough blowing money on a bar bill, and licking/spitting on my friends (Gay, Gay, Gay), and calling my girlfriend late in the night to talk about.. something, which I usually only have piecemeal memories of, et cetera, but the crowning achievement of all of that is to be hungfuckingover the following day, esp. when it is the weekend, and I need that time to actualy NOT feel like a braindead bag of leopard feces, or something. So, yeah, Big Mac = a worthwhile investment, I stand by my decision.

alriiiight, it is almost 3:30 in the morning, I need to wake up for work in like 5 hrs. I don't know how many hours I actualy slept last night (probably in the neighborhood of six, i'd wager..?) Good night, good week, good luck.

No comments: