Monday, January 05, 2009

baggeries

people love saying "douche bag." Now it has evolved into "baggery" or even "baggeries" to describe the actions of such an individual. How odd - people are strange. Anyway you will not hear me saying "douche bag" very often, if at all. It just sounds like some fancy french purse to me.

And so, it is nigh on to midnight on sunday night, the culmination of my winter 08 vacation has come (and gone) - for shortly, I will drift to sleep and be awake again, to stare at the breaklights of my thousands of fellow commuters, as we all return to work for another day poundin' the pavement, earning that cashola, trying to make our way to that sublime shangri-la at some uneven point down in the who-knows-where distance of it all. Ohhh, yeah.

And it's sad my vacation has wrapped up, since I had nearly two weeks of time off - it went by in a flash, and though it certainly was not "bad," it didn't feel particularly wonderful. I did have a couple of decent moments though, and spent some good times with me mates, yeh i did. Hell, thinking back to xmas eve already feels like it was a long, long time ago! I guess over the break i just hung out a LOT. I played some videogames (mostly littleBigPlanet). I didn't really get to the gym, as i had planned (still waiting for the damned membership card to arrive in the mail...!) but I did go out and at least walk around (a LOT) and get my blood n' bones moving around some - didn't just sit on my butt the ENTIRE time. I had hoped to do some artwork at home - something - but that didn't come to pass either, although I finally DID get a little inspired today, at last (final day of vacation, figures....)

I also solicited many people for ideas of things to read and got my hands on a little cross-section of books. I made it through a Howard Zinn graphic-novelization of his famous work, which was well-made but of course extremely upsetting (just makes me think "what's the point of ever trying to buy things or watch TV, since the whole universe is basically mean and evil). I did get out and party a couple of times as well - night after xmas (26th) went out to the bar with some friends and got fairly gonzered, then of course out for NYE (though I was probably drunk for all of a half-hour before coming down rather quickly, as I had things to take care of). Went out to the local bar (everyone loves Birds!) on Fri night for a couple drinks with the local fellows, nothing crazy (then of course some rock band to burn off the remaining energy. Till 5am! GEEZ!) Last night (saturday) a friend was in town so we took the opportunity for boy's night out, small patches of which i have vague residual memories of (yep, love those mornings when you wake up feeling like death itself and you think "oh, so it looks like i made it home once again...")

What else to relate - friday and today I did my boyfriend duty and took the lady out shopping, as all men must at times. Otherwise - uh - watched a lot of old twilight zone's on new year's day (marathon on the scifi channel!) and now, sitting here in the dark and quiet night, i must prepare to turn in and resume my "real life," of course. Yeah, of course I am not terribly psyched to get geared back up to the routine, but after a couple of days it will be alright to have my normalcy again. I am just anxious to plow through the next month or so, and get my dreaded "BDAY" past me, oh i dont really like those anymore. but HEY! On the upside, since I have started exercising/eating slightly better, my weight has been dropping - I am down about 5 pound,s which isn't much but I am really a CONSISTENT MOFO so that's a good sign. I want to get rid of this gut and fast -

No comments: