Tuesday, February 12, 2008

mettle trakter

doofus wha's new? not much really, why do you ask. 3:30am, I am succumbing to the usual habit of wasting my hours away in the late-late-late parts of the night, doing silly useless things while the rest of the world sleeps (or, wakes up). The urge to pontificate takes hold and so i do, for a moment.

My birthday was recently, it makes me shudder to acknowledge my older-ness. Oh well. To (most of) my past girlfriends, it makes me shudder MORE to think of how much older that means all of YOU have become.. hahaha! As for the current one, well she is younger than me (yeah... still). So she is safe, for now. As long as she understands that once she hits the big three oh, she's out the door and replaced with a new model. Hey I need to keep trendy, you know. My CAREER - my LIVELIHOOD depends on it. Sorry sweetheart - we'll always have Irvine!

Anyway, things are okay. Life plods on, uncontrollably. Like a three-ton Sherman Tank ratcheting slowly thru the marshes of Time, dandelions and pollywogs being shredded beneath the teeth of its massive indestructible, unforgiving treads - big, stupid, aimless, pointless and heartless. Man, I love using the tank as a metaphor. That's like three skips away from the end of all metaphors.

Work is alright. It's getting on a year, for me, working at Obsidian. A year is usually a semi-big deal in my eyes, to be trumped only by the uber-important TWO-YEAR MARK. When will that happen? It's been so long, friends, so long.. let's not linger on it. Anyway perhaps this will be the year to break the curse. We will see. Check back with me in (ulp) '09.

Weather is sweet right now. It's been cold, somewhat dramatically so - not unbearable by a longshot, mind you, but definitely it made you think it was winter! Still, tis IS california we are talkin' about. Anyway the past several days have been dreamy good, and though I did not mind the cold, I do welcome the suddenly early spring weather. Whether or not that's due to stay, I don't know either (many things, I don't know...) but it's nice for what it is, right now. So long as it doesn't pick up with the (usually scheduled) rainy season - which, would be beneficial, actually, since that helps prevent crazy huge Coastal Fires, but in so doing they make my leaky roof drip. Anyway, things I have no say in anyway.

Trying to save money. With the new year, then my birthday, then a vegas trip, and a night out here, there, etc with the amigos, it's been hitting my pocketbook. I have been trying to cut back (stay in all weekend! don't go out tues night anymore!) and yes of course it's hard, but I am fighting. Started stocking my fridge at work with lunchmeat, sounds lame I know but saves so much money (@ $10/week for food, as opposed to .. @$50???) Something. That stuff adds up, mans...

Well, we'll see how long I last. Work's getting stressful kinda, lately. I WILL SURVIVE...

'night, all.

No comments: